About This Blog

Hi! My name is Lori Anderson and I am the owner, designer, and crafts person of Anderson's Treasures. Anderson's Treasures is a small business selling handmade jewelry, handmade cards, handmade scrapbooks and baby books, bookmarks, magnets, 3D decorations, lighted glass blocks, party, wall, and seasonal decorations...and so on...everything is handmade. I have a shop on Facebook (you will find a link to my shop above) and I also sell locally. I have been crafting for years and really enjoy working with my hands. Designing and crafting jewelry, cards, scrapbooks, etc., is a great creative outlet for me. I have great passion for what I do. The pieces have to speak to me. They have to make sense and evoke emotion. I do become attached to my pieces. I love my pieces. I would never craft an item that I would not wear, use, give, or send myself. Please fill free to take a look around my blog, visit my gallery links for pictures of all my creations, comment, "like", "follow", "share" my posts, drop by my store and perhaps purchase something if you like, and please...tell your frineds!!! ;) If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to either leave a comment, or message me at andersonstreasures@yahoo.com

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I'm back!!! :)

Well...it sure has been a while since I updated this blog...and so much has been going on. My booth was pretty successful and a lot of fun...yet I closed it the end of November. The hubby and I decided to go into Foster Care (I was a Foster Mom previously and worked at a Teen Shelter and Children's Home for 5 years...so it is totally where my heart it). We are going through the process of becoming licensed...however at the same time we have been working on a house remodel...which we need to finish before we proceed in the licensing process. So, I put my business and even personal crafting on hold in order to prepare for all of this. We are about at the point where Kyle will have to do what is left in the house (except paint...but I have to wait on him to complete some things before I can do that)...and I was able to get my craft room all organized and together...(still waiting on walls, ceiling, and floor...ha ha...but we are going to finish the rooms for the kiddos first!)...ok...as much as possible and enough to be able to get back to work...so I guess there is no time like the present!!! :) 

I have in the mean time taken some small orders...a couple of business card orders (didn't have to have my craft room for that!) and last week I worked on some samples for wedding invitations. I made this card today...


This is an A2 sized card with a brown base. I used my Cuttlebug and the "Seeing Spots" embossing folder to emboss the blue mat. I used grosgrain ribbon to go under (and over) the mats. I used Tim Holtz distress ink in Broken China and Brown from the Color Box Paintbox Ink Pad to lightly ink the edges of all the mats and the card base. The stamp is a Lizzie Anne stamp that was stamped using StazOn Jet Black Ink. The buttons were from a pack...pretty sure they're just an off brand blended color pack. The striped pattered paper is Paper Studios, the white is Georgia Pacific plain white cardstock...and the blue cardstock...I'm not really sure...it was in my scraps! ;) I used my ATG Gun to adhere the mats and ribbon and Elmer's Glue Dots to adhere the buttons. The inside has 2 cream colored mats...my customer requested blank inside.

I hope you like this card!!! :)

Now...I guess I better get to work!!! :) 

...and I hope to get better at keeping this blog up to date and going!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment